AGM Report 2016
The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd (SLTCC) warmly welcomes all members of the teaching profession back to school and wish all a very successful 2017-2018 Academic Year.
The SLTCC was again the host of another successful annual Depositors’ Camp in July. For the first time, the camp was held simultaneously in the North and the South. The SLTCC would like to thank all the volunteers for giving their time and effort to help promote the work of the SLTCC.
We are also pleased to inform of another successful bursary distribution in 2017. This event is scheduled to take place annually on the third Thursday in July. Members with children who were successful in the common entrance exam received a onetime bursary of $400.
Members are encouraged to continue signing up and utilizing the online banking facility. Please make arrangements for this facility if you are yet to do so.
In an effort to continue to meet the many needs of its members, the SLTCC will work closely with contact persons and school thrift teachers at the schools. In that regard, we thank them for supporting teachers and students and look forward to strengthening the vital link that connects members, the school thrift and depositors to SLTCC.
We all look forward to our AGM in the new term, as well as the observance of Financial Literacy Month in October.
We look forward to your continued support and involvement in all our upcoming activities.
Who Can Join
The SLTCC serves persons working in teaching and teaching related institutions, and their family. Therefore, all teachers be it in government or private schools; other workers in these institutions, cooks, security, secretary, janitors, workers in the Ministry of Education, St. Lucia Teachers' Union and the spouses, children and siblings of these workers are all entitled to membership.
- not younger than 16 years of age, and
- a teacher, or an employee of an education institution or
- spouse, child or sibling of a member or
- an employee of the Society
To apply for membership, simply obtain an application from from the Office of the Society, or download a form.
Return completed from to the office along with two valid forms of photo ID and $10.00 for entrance fee and a passbook. You are also required to purchase a minimum of twenty shares ($100.00).
Determine identity and establish residency. Two (2) forms of picture identification must be retained and filed. (If the member only has one form of picture identification, management authorization must be obtained before proceeding with opening of the account). Information required, supporting documentation and procedures include:
- Full name and alias name
- Date and place of birth
- Current permanent address
- Postal address – verify address with a form of documentation – utility bill, official correspondence
- Telephone, fax number and email address (s)
- Occupation and name of employer or nature of self-employment
- Introductory/Reference Letter from present bankers/ Credit Enquiry, where necessary
- Valid Driver’s License with photo or current valid passport
- National Identification Card
- Birth Certificates of children
- Marriage certificate
- Document from Solicitor evidencing common law relationship
- Authorization to transact for third party where necessary
- Verifying that individual is eligible for membership (i.e. age 16, Teacher, spouse, parent, thrift, child, retired teacher, common law relationship, employee of and at an Education Institution)
- Ensuring that application form is duly completed (including the proposed by and witness section’s)
- Seeking approval from the Registrar of Co-operatives if the applicant is a member of another Credit Union